ADVIS recommends that all member schools post the following information on the school website, so as to provide a common data set for easy reference by both families and the media:
- Basic school profile information such as grade levels and total enrollment – by division, and total school, if applicable.
- Unique aspects of school mission such as single gender, religious affiliation, special learning needs, etc.
- Student/faculty ratio – either by division, or for upper school only
- Average class size by division
- Tuition by division
- Number of faculty with advanced degrees
- Average length of service of faculty
- Students of color as % of enrollment
- % of students that receive financial aid
- Number of AP and/or IB courses offered, and/or number of advanced honors courses
- SAT scores – ADVIS supports not providing this information; if you choose to provide it, the methodology should be the mid 50% range for the past year, as per NACAC recommendations
- % of students that attend post-secondary institutions
- College Matriculation – either a 3 or 5 year list
The decision was made not to recommend that the number of varsity sports and other extracurricular activities be included as part of the common data set, because of the great disparity of size and resources among our members schools.