In an effort to keep professional development registration costs to a minimum for our members, ADVIS seeks to hold programs at our member schools as often as possible. Hosting an ADVIS event is a wonderful opportunity for your school. Fill out a request form to Become an ADVIS Event Host School
Some general notes about hosting an ADVIS program:
- Our membership reaches from Harrisburg, PA to Princeton, NJ, and from Georgetown, DE to Wilkes Barre, PA, with the majority of our member schools clustered within 30-40 miles of the Main Line area. (View a Google map of ADVIS member schools.) With that in mind, it is important that we select event venues that are accessible to as many of our member schools as possible.
- While it is not necessary, your Head of School, or other school representative, is most welcome to take a moment before the program begins to deliver a brief greeting.
- Many, if not most, of our events take place during the school day so some accommodations are required.
- There must be adequate parking, and depending on the size of the event, we could require anywhere from 25 to 100 parking spots. Our host schools typically request that faculty and students park in an alternate location on the day of an ADVIS event, if the size of the audience requires it.
- ADVIS events may require theater style seating and/or break out spaces for smaller group work.
- Some events incorporate a meal (lunch or dinner) and we can either work with your food service or have the meal catered (ADVIS covers the food through registration fees.) In these cases, however, it is up to the host school to cover any expenses related to extra tables and chairs if those are necessary.
- We ask that our host school supply refreshments for attendees. (ADVIS charges attendees for lunches and dinners as part of the registration fees.)
- For morning programs this will consist of a light continental breakfast and can include a coffee refresh during mid-morning breaks.
- For afternoon programs, our host school may provide refreshments in the way of cookies or brownies, coffee, and water/iced tea/soft drinks.
- For our dinner programs (usually our Governance events) host schools are asked to supply light hors d'oeuvres and beverages, including coffee and water.
- We strongly encourage host schools to be mindful of the environment and to offer food & beverage served on recyclable materials, and to make bins available for recycling.
- As the fees we charge are to cover real expenses, it is our policy that attendees from our host schools register, if they wish to attend, and pay the registration fee, if applicable. ADVIS will cover the registration fee for the host school's Head of School (or another representative in the Head's place) and one additional administrator, for a total of two free registrations.
If you are interested in hosting one of ADVIS' professional development events at your school, please fill out our ADVIS Event Host Form
, and we will be in touch.
Please view a calendar of upcoming events on our Professional Development Events page.